Blizzard announces users can grab StarCraft free!
Here are some of the patch notes for 1.18.
- windowed fullscreen or windowed mode; use Alt+Enter to switch between.
- UTF-8 support.
- cursor clamping in-game while windowed; unclamped in menus.
- Popular Maps to streamline finding games or game types.
- options to display actions per minute.
- Observer mode.
- opponent information when joining a game lobby.
- autosaving for replays.
- an option to display the game timer.
- Added UPnP support.
- Updated to a new OpenGL backend.
- Improved gameplay responsiveness during multiplayer by increasing turn rate to match LAN speeds over Battle.net.
- Improvements to UI layout in Battle.net sections.
- Improved behavior of available lobbies within the ‘Join Game’ section.
- Better compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Improved anticheat capabilities.
- Improved installation and patching performance.
- Mac Beta support now available for 10.11 and up.
StarCraft first released on March 31 1998 and since then has seen major success in the market. Including eight novelizations and board games. Also is easily one of the oldest played multiplayer games in existence with tournaments in South Korea. Moreover, the game is credited as being one of the first highly competitive e-sports games. Some users can complete as much as up to 10 moves per second.
However if you think you can challenge them, or maybe just want to have a little fun. Go grab StarCraft free from the Blizzard homepage right now!