Did they Do it? Did they really leak the N64 Classic Edition list?
A seemingly random list of games on the official Nintendo UK website may be whats on the N64 Classic Edition!
Well, the list is actually just a list of games with electronic manuals. And sure Nintendo did not yet come out and say that the N64 Classic Edition is coming, but it seems a list of games that have appeared on the Nintendo UK site could be just the hot tip we’ve been waiting for,
If this is to be believed, the newest in the Classic’s line of systems from the Big N’ will contain 19 games. Or 18+1 games in similar SNES Classic Edition style. The reason for that speculation is the inclusion of one special unreleased outside Japan game. We all know what it is. Right? Sin and Punishment! The on-rails shooter officially translated and released on the virtual console. However, it never made its way in cart form.
The list includes such great titles as Super Mario 64, Mario Party 2, Starfox 64 and a bevy of other heavy hitters on one of Nintendo’s popular retro systems. Additionally, they seem to indicate that both The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask will be in the system. Of course, I could just make this easy for everyone and drops the full list right here. So here it goes!
The Games List!
- 1080 Snowboarding (Sports title. A really fun sports title!)
- Bomberman 64 (An absolute classic party game)
- Donkey Kong 64 (A little on the “meh” side. However, definitely worth a playthrough)
- Excite Bike 64 (An added bonus with this one is that it includes the original NES game. In case you’re dying to play it again!)
- F-Zero X (Every good classics system needs a solid racing title)
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (A cute, fun and child-friendly game)
- Mario Golf (Classic golfing goodness with the classic Mario twist)
- Mario Kart 64 (Needs no introduction)
- Pokemon Snap (Solid entry. Haven’t played this since it was released!)
- Mario Party 2 (Thank goodness its Mario Party 2 and not the first one. My poor hands couldn’t handle it)
- Mario Tennis (Mario had no shortage of sports titles on the N64. It seems the N64 Classic Edition will not either.)
- Paper Mario (YES!)
- Super Mario 64 (Definitely the best game on the list so far. Nintendo fans need to try this. And with the release of Mario Oddysey, surely there will be a lot of interest to go back!)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (SWEET! This one will keep you entertained for HOURS!)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time (DOUBLE BONUS! If this wasn’t on here, I might not think it was real)
- Wave Race 64 (I know, it’s getting a little heavy on the racing titles now. Filler is filler is filler)
- Yoshi’s Story (Another cute, charming game geared towards the younger generation. Still worth trying it out again on this new micro-system)
- Star Fox 64 (Definitely another heavy-hitter. In my opinion anyway.)
And for number 19, which we expect to be the +1 game on the system, Sin and Punishment. A previously unreleased outside Japan game. This was the reason many Japanese gamers picked up an N64 and it was so sad we didn’t see it here.
So, there you have it! Is there any glaring omissions on this list? We knew that Goldeneye wasn’t coming of course. And some other games would surely have been impossible. But we think this is a pretty great list.
If you don’t believe its true, check out my source right HERE at Nintendo.co.uk and prove me wrong. If there’s anything else you want to add, leave a comment down below!
Latest posts by DazedDave (see all)
- Gaming Anniversaries January 13- After Burner II - January 13, 2018
- Gaming Anniversaries January 12- Baron Baldric: A Grave Adventure - January 12, 2018
- Gaming Anniversaries January 11- Super Adventure Island - January 11, 2018